Level 3 Music
Teacher in Charge: Mrs R. Norman
Level Three Music
Students will design an individual program that aligns with their strengths and interests. After careful consideration and consultation with the teacher, students will work on a project-based study from the following areas of learning:
- Performance: Two Solo Programmes presented to a live audience.
- Composition and/or Songwriting: Three original pieces scored traditionally or recorded with sequencing software.
- Arrangement: Using musical knowledge to rework an existing piece of music.
- Mixing Live and Digital Music: Demonstrate sequencing and mixing skills with live and recorded music.
- Research: Study a substantial Music work. Internal and External assessments are available.
- Score Reading: Analysis and theory for External assessments.
Along with mastering practical skills, the course will refine important dispositions that instill holistic musicianship.
Recommended Prior Learning
It is expected that students will have had a minimum of 4 to 5 years of performance experience/tuition on an instrument, to be able to undertake the required Solo and Group Performance assessments.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 40 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 32 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 32
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.
Recording Artist, Songwriter/Composer, Private Teacher/Tutor, Sound Technician, Music Teacher, Music Producer, Music Therapy, Events Management, Music Management, Roadie, Radio Presenter, Early Childhood Teacher, Media Producer, Web Development and Marketing, Production Assistant (Film, Television, Radio or Stage), Lighting Technician, Dancer, Entertainer, Film/Television Camera Operator, Director (Film, Television, Radio or Stage) Actor -Musical Theatre, Art Director (Film, Television or Stage), Artistic Director, Film and Video Editor, Television Presenter,